Update: June 22, 2020
At Boise Cascade, the health and safety of our associates, families, communities and business partners is our first concern. We are strongly committed to minimizing the spread of COVID-19. We also know that maintaining business continuity is essential for our industry and economy. We have inventory available to meet product demand. Our associates are available and ready to safely assist customers and supplier partners with current needs and to help create future business.
Our cross-functional crisis team activated in March continues to monitor and respond to the changing environment as states implement their reopening plans. We continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommended guidance by:
- Educating our associates on ways to reduce the spread of germs and exposure to the virus at our facilities, including use of PPE, practicing social distancing and frequent hand washing, maintaining rigorous cleaning and disinfecting schedules, and employing low-touch techniques for pick-ups and deliveries
- Encouraging associates to telecommute if possible and utilize virtual communication tools
- Requiring associates who feel unwell or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 to self-quarantine
- Providing associates with Emergency Paid Leave and other benefits to help their families cope with these unprecedented challenges
- Closely monitoring state and local government regulations/restrictions
As businesses begin to open back up around the country, we are taking the following steps:
- Allowing business travel where an in-person meeting is essential, requested by a customer, and safety processes can be followed
- Adhering to our customers’ COVID policies and precautions at their locations including use of PPE, refraining from handshaking or face-to-face meals, etc.
- Returning to staffing our headquarters office slowly over the summer, with safe workplace protocols in place
Thank you for your continued trust in us.