At Boise Cascade, the health and safety of our associates, families, communities and business partners is our first concern. We are strongly committed to doing our part to protect people and minimize the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We also know that maintaining business continuity is important for our industry and economy. Currently, we are positioned to meet product demand and service expectations. And, while some of our associates may be telecommuting during this time, we are available for our customers and suppliers by phone or email.
Steps we are taking
Our Company activated a cross-functional crisis team that is continually monitoring and responding to this rapidly changing landscape. We are frequently communicating information to our stakeholders who may be impacted by this ever-evolving situation.
- Educating our associates and their families on ways to reduce the spread of germs and exposure to the virus
- Encouraging associates to telecommute where possible and to practice social distancing measures
- Requiring associates who feel unwell, may have been exposed to COVID-19 or are caring for sick relatives to self-quarantine
- Providing associates with Emergency Paid Leave and other benefits to help their families cope with these unprecedented challenges
- Restricting all business travel and face-to-face meetings, encouraging the use of virtual collaboration tools
- Stepping up the frequency of cleaning and deep-disinfecting schedules at each of our 50+ facilities
- Implementing temporary policies for product pick-ups and deliveries at our locations to minimize physical contact
- Closely monitoring state and local government regulations/restrictions that are being imposed due to the COVID-19 response.
We are closely monitoring the situation and contingency planning for potential disruptions.