Get connected with EDI!
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) is the exchange of electronic business documents between two or more businesses. Your business can benefit by exchanging EDI documents, such as purchase orders, advanced shipping notices, invoices, and acknowledgments, with our systems. Some of the advantages gained by the use of EDI include:
- Reduced purchasing and document handling costs
- Reduced order processing time
- Improved inventory management and cash flow
- Increased data accuracy through decreased manual entry
Boise Cascade Building Materials Distribution supports many common EDI business documents in use today.
|810 Invoice||810 Invoice|
|820 Remittance Advice||820 Remittance Advice|
|824 Application Advice||850 Purchase Order|
|846 Inventory Inquiry/Advice||855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement|
|850 Purchase Order||856 Advance Ship Notice|
|852 Item Activity||870 Order Status Report|
|855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement||997 Functional Acknowledgements|
|856 Advance Ship Notice|
|864 Text Messages|
|997 Functional Acknowledgements|
There are several ways we can exchange documents with you:
- Third-party EDI Value Added Networks (VAN)
- Encryption for both inbound and outbound documents
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) for both inbound and outbound documents.
We utilize the ANSI X.12 EDI standards, and support a number of versions, primarily version 4010.
Our EDI specialists are available to help you implement EDI. For more information about how Boise Cascade’s EDI can help your business, contact your Sales Representative, Customer Service Representative (CSR), or our Company EDI team.