To ensure Boise Cascade operations will not pose a significant risk to public health or the environment.
All Company associates are expected to be aware of and to comply with this policy, all environmental laws and regulations relevant to their jobs. Associates are subject to disciplinary action for violating any portion of this policy.
- Comply with or exceed the letter and intent of all applicable environmental laws and regulations and with all other environmental requirements subscribed to by the Company.
- Communicate our environmental policy to our associates.
- Train our associates in their responsibilities for environmental compliance and pollution prevention.
- Make environmental compliance a priority and emphasize pollution prevention and efficient use of resources in planning and operation of our facilities.
- Utilize biomass fuels as practical and pursue technically and economically feasible energy conservation measures to limit emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of our environmental compliance and environmental management systems.
- Constructively work with elected bodies, government agencies, trade associations, environmental organizations, and others to develop practical and effective environmental laws and regulations.
- Support research on the environmental effects of our raw materials, products, processes, discharges, emissions, and wastes.