From extra-long roof spans to curved beams and common headers to dramatic columns, BOISE GLULAM® gives you the rich, natural look of wood with important benefits engineered in.
With a wide variety of sizes and appearance options, BOISE GLULAM beams are one of the most versatile engineered wood products available. Indoors and out, exposed or concealed, count on BOISE GLULAM as a cost-effective and easy-to-install alternative for beam applications, adding functional beauty to single family, multifamily, and light commercial construction. Choose from stock beams or custom beams for large cross-sections, longer lengths, curved shapes, and more.
BOISE GLULAM Benefits
- Extremely versatile engineered wood technology
- Use exposed (interior or exterior) or in-wall structural applications
- Cost-competitive for simple or complex projects
- Available in sanded, rough sawn, or planer finish
- SFI® Chain-of-Custody or Certified Sourcing qualified products available — earn LEED® or NGBS™ green building credits
- Produced primarily from sustainably harvested logs from the Pacific Northwest
- Manufactured from Douglas Fir/Larch or Alaska Yellow Cedar. Alaska Yellow Cedar is a naturally-resistant species that is a green alternative to pressure-treated wood
- Can be purpose-designed for your project
How It’s Made
Manufactured in a variety of widths (3 ⅛″ to 14 ¼″) and depths (6″ to 48″), and in lengths up to 66 feet, with or without camber, BOISE GLULAM is tremendously versatile. Grades range from Industrial to Architectural appearances where customers can choose the ideal strength and appearance combination. (Laminations are 10-12% MC maximum 15%.) The beams are made with exterior-grade or wet-use adhesives, suitable for many different interior and exterior applications.
3 ⅛″ to 14 ¼″
Ranges from 6″ to 48″ standard. Custom sizing available
Stock lengths up to 60 feet – longer lengths available for special orders
Note: Not all sizes available standard in all grades and finishes